Find a Good Book
There are many places you can go online to find a good book.
- Provides in depth information on over 150,000 fiction titles including full text reviews, publication information and subject headings. This database also provides suggestions for similar titles and authors as well as guides for book discussions and more.
- Combines authors, titles, read-alikes, award winners and librarian’s favorite booklists.
- Whichbook enables millions of combinations of factors and then suggests books which most closely match your needs.
- BookPage is a monthly book review publication distributed to more than 450,000 avid readers through subscribing bookstores and public libraries. It serves as a broad-based selection guide to the best new books published every month. The tone is upbeat and literate, focusing on bestsellers as well as new discoveries. All of the content from the print edition is posted on BookPage.com each month.
- Read or listen to reviews and author interviews
- Get the list of latest bestsellers or read reviews and articles of popular titles.
- The National Book Awards honor the best in U.S. literature. Here you can find past and recent winners.
- ‘Based on the Book’ is a compilation of over 1,450 books, novels, short stories, and plays that have been made into motion pictures. Utilizing the Internet Movie Database as the authority, all movies in this collection have been released as feature-length films in the United States, in English, since 1980.
- The largest, most frequently visited, web site dedicated to books and film by or about people of African descent. Founded in 1997, AALBC.com is a widely recognized source of author profiles, book and film reviews, book recommendations, event information, active discussions, writer resources, interviews, articles, videos, and more.
- “Celebrating excellence in LGBT literature since 1989.”
- A resource for lovers of mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books. We list over 4300 authors, with chronological lists of their books (over 49,000 titles), both series (5000+) and non-series.
Online Book Communities
- Track your reading and share reviews exclusively with fellow members of the Marlborough community
- Keep track of what you’ve read and get recommendations for new books based on the ratings you give.
- Create a library quality catalog of the books you have read and own, and connect with other readers based on what you’ve read.