Your Library Card
- Massachusetts residents will need to present a picture ID and proof of current address to get their library card.
- Lost your card? There is no fee for getting a replacement. Lost library cards should be reported immediately since you are responsible for all materials borrowed on your library card until it is reported lost or stolen.
- Please notify the library of any changes of name, address, phone number and e-mail address as soon as possible.
- You will need to present your library card or library card number for all library transactions.
Using your library card number and Password or Personal Identification Number (PIN)*, you can log into My Account to see what materials you have borrowed, renew materials that can be renewed, request materials, check the status of your requested items and cancel your requests.
You can also change your PIN or your email address, pay fines or make a donation to the library.
*If you are logging in for the first time with a new card, your PIN number will be the last four digits of the telephone number you provided. If you still have trouble logging in, please contact the circulation desk – 508-624-6900 for assistance.
View Access Your Account Online brochure.
Type of Material Borrowing Period Overdue fees Books Three (3) weeks $0.10 / day, $3.00 maximum fine Books on CD Three (3) weeks $0.10 / day, $3.00 maximum fine Music CDs Three (3) weeks $0.10 / day, $3.00 maximum fine Speed Reads Ten (10) days $.50/day* E-Books Two (2) weeks No fees. Book will no longer be available DVD’s One (1) week $0.50 / day, $5.00 maximum fine Games One (1) week $0.50 / day, $5.00 maximum fine Magazines One (1) week $0.10 / day, $3.00 maximum fine
Important! Items borrowed from other libraries may have different Borrowing periods according to other libraries’ policies.
- It’s easy to renew an item you want to keep longer. You can do it in person, by phone (Main Circulation Desk – 508-624-6900, or Children’s Room – 508-624-6902), or by logging-in to your library account with your library card number and PIN.
- You can renew items once if they have not been requested by another library patron.
Important! Items borrowed from other libraries may not be renewable. Please contact the owning library if you have any questions.
Materials may be returned either to the Marlborough Public Library or any other CW MARS library. Please use the outside book drops to return materials when the library is closed.
Wednesdays are fine free days at the Marlborough Public Library!
Late items returned to the Marlborough Public Library on Wednesdays will not generate fines.
Some items will not be affected by fine free Wednesdays, such as Speed Reads, late museum passes and some items borrowed from libraries outside of the CW MARS library network. The library will also assess a fee for lost or damaged items.
Important! All Museum Passes must be returned directly to the Marlborough Public Library.
Here at the Marlborough Public Library, we have book clubs that appeal to readers of all ages and interests. However, you may want to have your own book club for your organization or personal interest, and we want to support you in all of your reading efforts. If you have a personal or institutional book group fill out this bulk book request form and drop it off at the circulation desk. We will do our best make sure to get you all the copies you need, in the formats you need, on time.