About the Calendar
Events included in the Marlborough Community Calendar
The purpose of the Marlborough Community Calendar is to promote community events throughout the City and to provide information that will allow groups to better coordinate event planning and scheduling to maximize participation.
All events in the Marlborough Community Calendar must take place in Marlborough. The calendar is intended for non-profit group events. For-profit institutions’ events will be listed only if they are intended as fundraisers or for the benefit of the community.
Submitting an Event to the Marlborough Community Calendar
- Click on the Community Calendar link on the main menu above and you will be automatically logged into the calendar event form.
- Select the event date from the calendar at the right.
- Select the start and end time of the event.
- Enter the name of the event and the name you want included in the monthly calendar view.
- Enter a contact name for the event along with an email address and phone number. This information will show in the public display and provide people with a way to ask questions and get additional information on the event.
- Enter any message that you would like to send to the Calendar Editor in this box.
- Select the location of the event from the drop down menu. If your location is not listed note the location in the message to the calendar editor box.
- Select a Keyword from the list
- Enter a URL for the event if one is available and a label for the event link in the next box.
- Once all the information is entered click submit. The “approval status” of the event will be “pending” until it is reviewed by library staff to see if it meets the criteria for including it in the Marlborough Community Calendar.
- Events are automatically deleted from the calendar as soon as they occur.